Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TWAIN problem, scanner won't work

• Please log in to reply

aspen_matthews

aspen_matthews

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Got new scanner/printer yesterday (Epson WF-7510) and set it up using my WiFi and everything worked fine. I was able to scan info Photoshop no problem (I have CS2 and Photoshop Elements 11, both worked fine). But, I decided it was scanning too slowly so I'd try to use the USB (my last scanner, a Mustek was hardwired and scanned much faster). I had to reinstall the Epson stuff in order to set it to USB, which was fine. However, after I did this, I can no longer scan unless I use the WIA function in Photoshop, which is inferior and not recommended by Epson anyway. In the Epson paperwork it states it should be TWAIN friendly already. Nothing that requires TWAIN is working. Here are the error messages I'm getting:
"Cannot communicate with the scanner. Make sure the scanner is on, correctly setup and connected with no errors indicated. For detailed information, see Solving Problems in the User's Guide", followed by "Could not open the TWAIN source. Make sure there is a valid source for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in the Windows directory." I checked the TWAIN folder, and ws7510.ds is there.

Since that error, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as restarting the computer with each reinstall, which hasn't fixed anything. I even tried to do a disc cleanup after uninstall as well as manually deleting any leftover files that didn't get removed from the uninstall. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I'm getting really frustrated, I've been working on fixing this for about 5-6 hours straight and I need that scanner to work properly

Oh yeah, and the regular printer function seems to be working just fine.

Advertisements

Nana111

Nana111

• Pip
  • 2 posts
TWAIN is a widely-used industry standard that helps you scan image using a physical TWAIN scanner and directly send the scanned image to the application where you can view, convert, process, annotate and edit the source image file. To put it in another way, TWAIN regulates the communication between application and digital imaging devices, like scanners and digital camera. Nowadays, when you buy a scanner, you will find there is TWAIN in the software package. In some popular image manipulation programs, like Photoshop, TWAIN may exist as an integrated part.