Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with .ISO burn verification failure

• Please log in to reply

hawksnest

hawksnest

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I downloaded an ISO image file of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit from Microsoft's DreamSpark web site. When I try to burn it to a DVD, the process completes at 100% but I get an error message saying that the image failed verification. I have used two different programs: Windows Disc Image Burner and Active@ ISO Burner (I get similar messages from both programs). I understand that verification failure does not necessarily mean that the burn process failed, but merely that the application couldn't get a straight "yes or no" answer on the verification. When I check the media in Computer I see that the DVD still has 4.37 GB free of 4.37 GB. I even popped the disc into another system to see if it could be read; it could not. The Windows 7 ISO image is 3.9 GB in size, so I have plenty of room on the disc (they are Memorex DVD+RW). I have re-downloaded the ISO once and the results are the same. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work?

The specs for the machine that's doing the burning are as follows:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM
Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S

EDIT: I bypassed the issue by creating bootable media on a USB drive. The mods can close this thread. Thanks.

Edited by hawksnest, 04 June 2013 - 07:45 AM.

Advertisements