Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2000 WORD HELPPPP!

• Please log in to reply

Stragf

Stragf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday I started to receive the "Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close."
The technical info says "Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x0000000000000000
Address: 0x000000003040ea0c

All service packs are installed. Running XP Pro o/s. I have "repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled, and I continue to receive this. I can't open Word 2000. All other aspects of Microsoft Office 2000 Premium work. I have used Norton Systemworks to fix errors, and I have cleared out what little spyware existed. I tried a system restore (which changed no settings) I can't find anything else to try..Can someone help???

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
try looking here

http://support.micro....com/kb/326510/

stu_design

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Normal.dot was the problem

Stragf emailed me and told me that!!!

Stu Design

dmiller326

dmiller326

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) I had the same problem with my word. I installed winfax pro from symantec and then had my word stop working. Two things I found that may help. If you just updated to xp and experienced this error try renaming normal.dot to oldnormal.dot and seeing if word works if not go to winword.exe and right click on properties and then compatability. Make sure nothing is checked. If that doesn't work goto the office startup directory and rename wfword2k to oldwfword2k and see if it opens. If it does go to symantic and follow the directions for redownloading the wfword2k file. Hope this helps.

:tazz: ;)