Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox not working!

• Please log in to reply

galacticgirl

galacticgirl

• Pip
  • 9 posts
ok heres the problem. firefox isnt working. It used to but for some reason it just stopped working and no pages load it just doesnt do anything.

Ive been on the firefox web site checking all the help pages (using windows explorer)but theve been utterly useless and im a little ticked off to be honest. If anyone on here can help or has any ideas please tell me. desperate here i cant get my email without it. grr. anyways oh and i cant remove firefox from my computer for some reason, at all. even when its closed it says its still open.

HELP! pleease :tazz:

Advertisements

amazing_stories

amazing_stories

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Do you have any extensions installed?

galacticgirl

galacticgirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
extentions? i dont think so, ive managed to totally remove it from my pc right now but like i dont want to download it again and have it to the exact same

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Redownload it and reinstall it, if you are sure youve cleaned it from your system. Also so this problem does not happen again with your email download and use thunderbird. you can get it right there where you download firefox. this should solve your problems.
also, are you using any type of firewall? if so what make and model if you will(name and version#)

galacticgirl

galacticgirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well thatnks for the response.

well i did completly remove it, i made sure and when i reinstalled it, still did the same.

i'll try downloading thunderbird, i use outlook express but it doesnt work sometimes so i was using actual hotmail page on firefox cause it doesnt work on my normal internet explorer.

i use norton internet security 2005. and ive had to change some bits so it allows flash etc but hasnt really worked because i still cant access sites with it on internet exlorer(windows one).

thanks for the help though i do appreciate it