Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Also need help with rdriv.sys and rdsaddin.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ChadroG

ChadroG

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Howdy all, I'm new here so bare with me. Unfortunatly for me I'm more of a hardware person than a software person so I'm at a lose. Like the title says I too am having trouble with rdriv.sys and rdsaddin.exe. Same deal as almost everybody else, Norton says it's a trojan horse, it being rdriv.sys. Through reading I have found that it's affiliated with rdsaddin.exe and both are left over from where I had sp2 on here at one point. I had to take sp2 because of port conficts with thw windows firewall and my internet service. Even when turned off it would block the port needed to surf aftyer about 5 minutes of being up and running, then I would have to get my modem "re-flashed" with the needed info to get online. But thats a whole other issue and I really don't mind running on the original version of xp. Anyways, I have noticed that other folks have this issue. And , that you all have been asking for logs from various programs, so to keep from taking up alot of space I will wait to post them until asked for. With all that being said, what would you all like for me to post first? Also, I have tried the methods posted in other threads. When I try to rename rdriv to rdriv.bak it won't let me, even in cmd prompt. I have tried to delete them in safe mode in cmd but they come back as soon as I fire her back up in regular mode. I'm sorry I have been so long winded but I wanted to let ya'll know what I have tried before we waste each others time and resources. Thanks Chad

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome ChadroG to Geeks to Go!

The forums are very busy.

Please walk through the steps mentioned here.

Then, post back in this topic using 'add reply' with a HijackThis log.

If you have resolved this issue please let me know.
Thanks and again sorry for the late reply.

EDIT:
As there has been no reply from the original poster for more than two weeks this topic is now closed.

If you are the original poster and still need assistance, please send me a PM.

Edited by g2i2r4, 26 June 2005 - 04:07 PM.