Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about system clock

• Please log in to reply

Leso9903

Leso9903

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, first time poster!
I've a question regarding the system clock and I wrote a paragraph about it but I'm not sure if I've got it all right. Take a look

"The micoprocessors have a range of tasks and one implementation of such a task is system time. Every computer has a built-in hardware clock, a real-time clock, and a virtual clock, also called system clock. The real-time clock is always counting and it is only when the computer is on that the real-time clock is converted to the system clock. This happens in the BIOS during initialization and after this synchronization the clocks move independent of each other. The system clock is implemented as a programmable interval timer that interrupts the CPU. The CPU then starts a timer interrupt service routine in which a 'tick' on the clock is added. At this point, the computer can display the correct time."

Is this a correct assertion?
Regards Len

Advertisements