Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need to clean install my hard drive on window xp.

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, members of geek

I got help before to clean installed window 7, and the help was excellent, but I read the instruction to clean install for window xp home edition, and sound different than clean install window 7. I need step by step how to do a clean install in window xp home edition, if some one can give me some guidance and help.. please..

thanks for any help with this

Transit.

Ps.

the computer is a dell computer, old one. desktop,
is frozen for ever.
I not have the orinal CD recover or installation CD, I have some other window xp with the product key, this can affect the process?
any other information that you need please ask, and I respond as soon I can..

thanks again..

transit.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I not have the orinal CD recover or installation CD, I have some other window xp with the product key, this can affect the process?

Is the key used on another system right now?

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, rshaffer61

let me said; thank you for try to help me with this, well, (sorry not remember this...) I guessing, the computer bring the system installed when I get it, I had two set of installation CD closed, the one that come when you buy a new computer for the first time. And answering you question, No just the computer that I try to clean install is what have that key.

Attached Thumbnails

• CAM00199.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so the disk you show is for the system you are trying to get working?

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, rshaffer61,

well, answering your question yes.. this CD are from when I buy the computer for the first time.. come with it. I hope they can work to re-install the system, the problem is the system is frozen to much, and freeze so many time that is frustrated. but I try to follow the instructions to clean install window 7, but look like the instruction to clean install window xp are different in somehow... for that I looking for help with this...

Ps, the package of this CD, I though that have the installation key but I don't thing is ... not match 25 letters and numbers,

sorry give you so much trouble... hope you still try to help me with this... THANK YOU...

transit

ps. sorry for my English...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem with the language difference. :thumbsup:

OK since you are trying XP I will give the following fresh install of it.
Go HERE for step by step instructions on how to partition, format, and install XP fresh

http://lifehacker.co...atch-157578.php

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi rshaffer61,

thank you for you help... I going to do what you suggesting in you last post.. if find any problem that I can not resolve on my own, I hope you can help me again..

Thank you again for you help

transit.

Ps. I going to be out of town for almost 3 week, when I come back, I have to continue this, hope you are available to help if I need it... thanks again.

Edited by transit, 23 June 2013 - 07:27 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem as when you return and post I will get a email. I'm always online so I will answer asap. Enjoy your trip. :thumbsup:

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi Rshaffer61

I posted another problem with a laptop with the name (reboot not stop in my note book) do you think you can check it and give me a suggestion to the last post, you help is appreciated

thank you

hope you can help me, hope you have the time to check my post.

Transit.

Ps. two tech, try and I appreciated but their help stop coming.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Added some steps to take in the other topic. Sleepydude is pretty good as I have followed his progress here at GTG very close. :thumbsup: