Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Factory restore

• Please log in to reply

Sawyer35

Sawyer35

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I bought a Lenovo thinkcentre base unit and I saw it working and tried it myself but now I have it home it looks like its from an office as when I start windows I get the ctrl alt delete message and someone's username appears, I have clicked change user and typed in administrator and various passwords but no luck.

When I press F8 and then 'repair your computer' I get the option to log on as 7Enterprise or administrator, the administrator needs a password and the 7Enterprise doesn't but only gives me one recovery option and that's startup repair.

I downloaded windows 7 onto my external hard drive and tried to boot from it but its not doing that either I have changed the bios settings so that its the first option to boot from but still nothing. Now I know little to nothing about computers so if you can please go easy on me.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

P.s I think the guy I bought it off must have knew the password but I have no way of getting in touch with him.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: Sawyer35

I`m afraid that you only had two options and you have apparently ruled one out by saying that you cannot get in touch with the person who sold you the computer, the second option is to take the computer to a local reputable tech store and ask them if they can reset the password for you, for this you will need to be of a certain age, have proof of purchase of the computer such as an invoice for it and your proof of ID such as a photo drivers licence.

As per the GTG Terms of Use we cannot help with bypassing passwords;

o.Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

Sawyer35

Sawyer35

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi thank you for your reply I thought I might but as I bought it at a car boot sale it's not likely guess I have wasted my money. Thank you for your help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
You are welcome and thank you for understanding Sawyer35 :thumbsup: