Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 22 connection issue

• Please log in to reply

Annoyance

Annoyance

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi

I get this page when I try and load a game in facebook using firefox 22:

Facebook 8 ball pool.jpg

windows 7 64
Firefox 22
avast 8.0
Comodo firewall

I don't get this page on my sisters user account on this computer nor on my other computer (windows xp)

I have reset firefox
uninstalled it using revo uninstaller and re-installed it
deleted profile, created new profile

Currently I have not made any other changes or added my addons back or anything

But I always get this page I cannot get passed it

any ideas

Help needed

currently now using IE10 as my default browser till this gets fixed if it does

Regards
Paul

Advertisements

Annoyance

Annoyance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi

I fixed this myself after all that I think the problem was with my wireless router because when I rebooted the internet connection from within the admin pages I can access that page again.

Still have no idea what happened or why this fixed that issue I was just trying everything I could think of anyway problem solved.

One thing if someone could help when I was mucking around with firefox I restored my bookmarks just they are now missing all the Favicons (little icons beside the text).

So what I want to know, Is there a quicker way to get them all back other than click on them one by one or is that the only way.

Thanks to all who looked at this post and hope this somehow helps someone

Regards
Paul

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
http://support.mozil...d-error-message

Seeing the alert does not necessarily mean that the website you're visiting is trying to trick you into believing it is a different website - it means that Firefox isn't able to verify the identity of the website, and that you should proceed carefully.

You should only bypass the warning if you're confident in both the identity of the website and the integrity of your connection - even if you trust the site, someone could be tampering with your connection. Legitimate public sites will not ask you to add connection rule exceptions - an invalid certificate can be an indication of a web page that will defraud you or steal your identity.

On the warning page, click I Understand the Risks.
Click Add Exception.... The Add Security Exception dialog will appear.
Read the text describing the problems with this site.
Click Confirm Security Exception if you want to trust the site.

Hope this helps.

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

One thing if someone could help when I was mucking around with firefox I restored my bookmarks just they are now missing all the Favicons (little icons beside the text).

You could try FavIcon Reloader Add-on. I've not used it myself, but worth a try.

Annoyance

Annoyance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi

Thanks for you replies I will look at that add-on and give it go the other issue as I stated I already fixed it but thank so much again for your reply :-)

Regards
Paul

Annoyance

Annoyance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi again

Addon worked like a charm ...thanks :thumbsup:

Regards
Paul

Jayzeee