Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

curiosity about firefox/xps writer problem

• Please log in to reply

SallyMae

SallyMae

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I actually solved this problem with the simple solution of going back to an older Windows restore point but I'm curious about what was going on and causing the problem. I did a Google and got a hit on the Firefox website about it but the solution was simply to upgrade to a new version of Firefox. I'm a little more curious to know if anyone knows exactly what was causing the problem. The problem was that all of a sudden Windows xps writer would no longer print from a Firefox website to an xps document. Both firefox and the xps writer would stop responding. From what I've read it has something to do with how the two are communicating but I could find no details as to exactly what the causes the hang up. Anyone out there have any idea? Mostly just trying to satisfy a curiosity here. Thanks.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Sometimes the XPS "Save the file as" popup window pops up behind another window and can't be seen. All the user sees is the Printing... popup that never goes away because the hidden window is waiting for input (filename). From what I just read it appears that Mozilla doesn't yet know if the problem lies with the "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" or with Firefox.

SallyMae

SallyMae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thank You.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You're welcome.