Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BROWSER WONT OPEN SOME SITES

• Please log in to reply

dudeski

dudeski

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
:confused: I USE GOOGLE CHROME AND BING FOR BROWSING. THERE ARE SOME SITES THAT JUST WONT OPEN AND GOOGLE SAYS TO CHECK PROXY SETTINGS AND ALL THAT JAZZ BUT I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN GO TO THE OREGON UNEMPLOYMENT WEBSITE BUT WHEN I TRY TO GO TO ONE OF THEIR LINKS GOOGLE TIMES OUT AND GIVES ME AN ERROR SAYING THAT MY FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS IS PROBABLY BLOCKING IT. I HAVE IT ON THE PERMISSIBLE SITES AND HAVE EVEN DELETED AND RE-INSTALLED THE GOOGLE SOFTWARE. I AM RUNNING W7PRO AND HAVE A DSL CONNECTION AND I AM RUNNING NORTON ANTIVIRUS THAT CAME WITH THE SERVICE. I USE CCLEANER, EUSINGFREE REG CLEANER AND WISE 365 REG CLEANER TO KEEP MY MACHINE CLEAN OF MALWARE AND VIRUSES. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE SETTING I NEED TO USE TO KEEP THIS FROM STOPPING MY LINKS FROM DISPLAYING. I GOT LAID OFF AND I AM TRYING TO GO TO THE ONLINE CLAIMS SERVICE BUT IT FIRST SENDS ME TO THE OREGON UI PAGE, THERE I GET LINK SENDING ME TO THE CLAIM SERVICE AND GOOGLE WONT LET IT THROUGH.PMTFO. HELP. I KNOW YOU GUYS WILL HAVE A SNAP FIX FOR THIS, AND I AM HOPING YOU CAN HELP.I CAN GO TO MY NEIGHBORS HOUSE AND USE HER TABLET AND I GET TO THE PAGE NO PROB. IT IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH GOOGLE.I WAS RUNNING WINDOWS SECURITY ESSENTIALS FOR A WHILE BUT NOTICED NO PROBLEM.HELP.
THANKS, DUDESKI :help:

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Hi there :)

Please, try not to write using Caps Lock mode. It makes a post difficult to read.

First thing that came up to me:
You said that while running MSE you haven't noticed any strane behaviours, but now, while running Norton, they are present.

Tell me what exactly version of Norton are you running?

dudeski

dudeski

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
the norton that i have is free with my internet service. I dont see a version #. i am guessing that there is a tech trick to get it to go to google all the time.i open google, i click on the oregon unempoyment link, i get to the main page and then try to follow the link to get me to the online claim service link and i get an error from google saying it is unable to load the page, try to reload later. IE does the same thing. i have ran virus scans, i have done what the error tells me to and still get the error message. i may just uninstall norton and go back to microsoft security essentials to see if that is the problem.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
If you'll be able to install Norton later, then it's worth trying :)

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
Uninstall Norton Antivirus
After this please go here
Download matching tool and use it to clean any remnants.

If you'll have any problems with the instructions, please ask :)