Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Computer With Weird Sound on Chrome Browser

• Please log in to reply

rs0cal

rs0cal

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello All,

I am having a very strange problem with my laptop where it would start making a buzzing sound whenever I am watching video or running flash related items on my browser (Google Chrome). It starts to freeze and sometimes would make either a buzzing sound or freeze for about 10-15 seconds with a loud high pitch "beep".

-Could this be a hardware or flash-related problem? I am also running on a dual-core so I understand that Chrome takes a beating out of it every time. Any help may be appreciated and here is a embedded video provided underneath.

https://www.facebook...151214207799589

Edited by rs0cal, 13 July 2013 - 03:54 AM.

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Hello :welcome:

Please try different browser, post the results.

Any recent Chrome updates/extensions/plugins installed?

rs0cal

rs0cal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there!

Yeah, I've tried Safari yesterday and had a couple of freezes whenever flash was involved.

As for extensions for Chrome, I only have the Google Docs plugin installed that is required to access Google Drive. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash, Java, and Chrome but the problem still exists. Could this be a hardware-related issue with the videocard?