restore to factory mode
Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:17 PM
Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:51 PM
From the Maintenance and Service Manual starting oin page 36:
Restoring using the dedicated recovery partition (select models only)
When using the dedicated recovery partition, there is an option to back up pictures, music and other
audio, videos and movies, recorded TV shows, documents, spreadsheets and presentations, e-mails,
and Internet favorites and settings during this process.
To restore the computer from the recovery partition, follow these steps:
1. Access HP Recovery Manager in either of the following ways:
● Select Start > All Programs > HP > HP Recovery Manager > HP Recovery Manager.
– or –
● Turn on or restart the computer, and then press esc while the “Press the ESC key for Startup
Menu” message is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Then, press f11 while the “F11
(System Recovery)” message is displayed on the screen.
2. Click System Recovery in the HP Recovery Manager window.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Restoring using the restore media
1. If possible, back up all personal files.
2. Insert the first recovery disc into the optical drive on your computer or an optional external optical
drive, and then restart the computer.
– or –
Insert the recovery flash drive into a USB port on your computer, and then restart the computer.
NOTE: If the computer does not automatically restart in HP Recovery Manager, the computer
boot order needs to be changed.
3. Press f9 at system bootup.
4. Select the optical drive or the flash drive.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Changing the computer boot order
To change the boot order for recovery discs:
1. Restart the computer.
2. Press esc while the computer is restarting, and then press f9 for boot options.
3. Select Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive from the boot options window.
To change the boot order for a recovery flash drive:
1. Insert the flash drive into a USB port.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Press esc while the computer is restarting, and then press f9 for boot options.
4. Select the flash drive from the boot options window
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users