Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

Cingelj16

Cingelj16

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
So when ever I shut down my computer it BSOD's and shows the error

0x000000f4

with more numbers between parentheses past it, this only happens when i shut down or restart, and it regularly happens. I didnt install any new hardware before this started hapening.
Windows 7 64 bit

Advertisements

Cingelj16

Cingelj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
anyone?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sorry, missed you initial post.

There are a lot of suggestions and ideas in this forum thread: Blue screen showing Stop: 0x000000F4

To collect more information, look at the posts on using BlueScreenView and/or WhoCrashed as well as looking in the Event viewer to see if anything is recorded there at the time the BSOD occurs.

Cingelj16

Cingelj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
OK so I have installed and found the error in BlueScreenView, and in Event Viewer, but I am confused as to what to do now?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Post the results of BlueScreenView here please.

Also post the info from Event Viewer.

Cingelj16

Cingelj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok not sure how or why but it fixed itself! But I would still like to know the reason so I can prevent it from happening again in the future. Unfortunatly I deleted the files in the event viewer so I could make sure I got the exact blue screen and not some other one, so all I can provide is the BlueScreenView info, here it is;

Attached Thumbnails

• dmp bsv.png

Edited by Cingelj16, 01 August 2013 - 12:22 PM.