Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screens

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A repair installation may resolve it if the system will stay going long enough.

Advertisements

busdriver12

busdriver12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

A repair installation may resolve it if the system will stay going long enough.

G'Day rshaffer61,

Seeing I spent a good part of the weekend backing my data up, I decided to leave it to the shop which I returned to them after work today. It turns out to be corrupted memory which failed a memtest run within a minute of starting. So, it turned out to be memory after all and at the end of the day was the least messy solution. I'll get my machine back tomorrow and hopefully can move on.

It appears as this problem has been solved and I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU for the time and effort put into it.

Phil

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We never got the memtest program ran because of the reseating the memory and apparently it resolved the issue. I'm glad it was found by the shop and corrected.
Please let me know how everything is running after running it a couple of days. If everything is running good then I can mark this topic resolved.

busdriver12

busdriver12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

We never got the memtest program ran because of the reseating the memory and apparently it resolved the issue. I'm glad it was found by the shop and corrected.
Please let me know how everything is running after running it a couple of days. If everything is running good then I can mark this topic resolved.

G'Day rshaffer61,

Just a final post to let you know that I picked up the PC from the shop yesterday and it has been fixed (I am using that machine to write this post). The shop replaced the faulty memory with a more expensive brand as a goodwill gesture. I was happy with how it was resolved and have no hesitation in shopping there in the future.

A big thanks for your time and patience in working through this issue with me (3 weeks since my original post). I've learnt a few things and discovered some interesting utilities and hope my situation has been of help to anyone else that may have been following our discussion.

:thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and with that I am very happy to say Congratulations busdriver12. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible