Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to make a sound play on hover over button

• Please log in to reply

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hi I want to have this in CSS and have tried a few ways to do it but none work I have also looked online and tried other peoples ways, they didn't work either.
I want to be able to have a sound play when I hover the mouse over a button, I can do it in java but I wanted to use CSS to do it. I'd like to hear your ideas. Must be CSS please.

Thank you for any ideas shared :thumbsup:

Advertisements

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Here : http://css-tricks.co...sound-on-hover/ This might be what you asked for. I thought it would be better to just link to you to that simple and beautiful guide instead of me trying to explain it to you.

Niyol

Niyol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hello TheBigHelper and thank you for the reply.
The web link you gave me is java script was it the right link? as I wanted to use pure css.
I can already write it in java but have been trying for ages to do it in css. Ive made a gallery in css and made pictures spin, flip with writing appear all with using css and thought there must be a way to do sound on mouse over in css.
I'm pretty sure I have come across this one on my search for a css mouse over and many more all say css but turn out to be java script, I'm not sure why they title them as css not java script.
Thank you for your kind assistance, time and effort :thumbsup: