Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Case fans

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts
Nice job heartgrave and thank you for providing such an informative post :thumbsup:

How long ago did I suggest the video card as it seems an eternity :)

Advertisements

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Oh man, http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__1966154 was the very first post I ever did on this site and was when you helped me get that card. Feb 8th 2011, I got the card a few days later.

I realize the pictures posted twice in that last post, my apologies, is there a way to fix or remove the doubles?

Edited by heartgrave, 28 July 2013 - 05:19 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts

Oh man, http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__1966154 was the very first post I ever did on this site and was when you helped me get that card. Feb 8th 2011, I got the card a few days later.
My how time and technology flies :mellow:

I realize the pictures posted twice in that last post, my apologies, is there a way to fix or remove the doubles?
Click on the edit tab - bottom right of the post concerned - click Full Editor - delete the duplicates you wish to remove and submit modified post, I would do it for you but would probably drop a clanger knowing my luck :whistling:

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

My how time and technology flies :mellow:

Click on the edit tab - bottom right of the post concerned - click Full Editor - delete the duplicates you wish to remove and submit modified post, I would do it for you but would probably drop a clanger knowing my luck :whistling:

I thought I fixed it, I guess not! :( Are the pictures showing up with the captions above them? All I see is the caption and no pictures, they are all at the very bottom of the post for me....

Edited by heartgrave, 28 July 2013 - 06:26 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts
Copy/paste the text above the relevant picture and then delete the original text, do one at a time and preview the post so that you can check it is right :thumbsup:

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Now they are fixed!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts
All good then :thumbsup:

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
Alright, so I realized that all this work I did was actually quite beneficial for my PC. The temperature dropped about 17 degrees F to around 79-82 degrees compared to 98+. I played Tomb Raider for about an hour and it never went over 82 degrees F.

If you look at the picture labeled "Better view of the hardware. See the fan at the top, that is the one I had to mount on the outside because the PSU was too long." the one just above my completed build picture, there is a wire that I zip tied with the blue zip tie to one of the power wires. If you look at the right RAM stick, the top right corner of the MB you will see this wire, It is looped and zip tied. It has a metal tip on the end of it that is not shown in the picture. This wire was on the bottom of the case and it goes to the LCD temp display. I think it is a thermostat? Anyways, it was on the bottom of the case under GPU fans. I think the heat from the GPU being blown on it caused the temps I was getting. Since I moved it to the spot it is at, the temps dropped. Make sense?

Where in the PC would you suggest this wire goes?