Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie PHP help/questions

• Please log in to reply

s0nginmyheart

s0nginmyheart

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
We had some half-assed newbie web site developer redesign our website last year (which he never finished/ refused to make any updates even after he had been paid in full). I believed he used PHP to allow us to add information to our website through an internal form submission that would automatically update on any of our web pages. i.e. "add new staff member" in "about us" page or "add new property" in "locations" page. Well, today I'm trying to add a new staff member using this form and it wouldn't update the info to our website. Is it possible his code is wrong? Is it an easy fix (for someone with basic html knowledge) or do we need to get someone professional to do it?

If someone here could maybe assist or give direction, that would be great.

I have access to our website and his PHP code for this specification function and page.

Hope this makes sense - thank you.

Advertisements

Jr0x

Jr0x

Malware removal team

• Malware Removal
  • 1,830 posts
May be a little too late, but without looking at the errors / source code, there's no telling what went wrong.

s0nginmyheart

s0nginmyheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Well, the weird part is that earlier this year I was able to "add property" using the internal submission form and it automatically updated our website. Now, it doesn't work anymore. No coding has been changed and the half-assed website developer has not had access to the website files in a very long time (his privileges were revoked once we knew he wasn't going to work out).

Jr0x

Jr0x

Malware removal team

• Malware Removal
  • 1,830 posts
Can't say for sure.

Did you updated your server, or your host updated. It could be the codes are deprecated after the updates.
If no updates were done, then it's a mystery unless error / codes can be shown.

Edited by Jr0x, 08 August 2013 - 10:55 AM.

s0nginmyheart

s0nginmyheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
As far as I know, the only changes that were made through our Host site was when we were going through some delayed email issues through PureHost and our Name Servers (ns1 and ns2) were changed. Would this have the affect you speak of?

Edited by s0nginmyheart, 08 August 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Jr0x

Jr0x

Malware removal team

• Malware Removal
  • 1,830 posts
I don't think so.

Sub

Sub

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Post your website address here.

cydrobolt

cydrobolt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
If you can give us the code, we can help you debug it. If it's as terrible as you say it is, it might need major revamping.