Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Blackscreen

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then something else is wrong because the advance boot menu is before windows loads any drivers.
Is your kb and mouse USB?
Unless the bios somehow disabled USB support I see no other reason for this short of a hardware failure.

Advertisements

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I looked around a bit more and got my keyboard to work by disabling legacy support, but the mouse still dosnt work so I cant get to the driver max backup thing

as I said the keyboard WORKED inside bios, but as soon as anything windows happened it stopped working, but as I said, keyboard now works but the mouse still dosnt show up. I had a USB keyboard and now using a purple plug (neither worked before legacy support was disabled) and all the mice I have are all USB

Edited by MrPerson, 11 August 2013 - 03:14 PM.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
got the mouse fixed too, had to try to get to the Microsoft site without a mouse and got a correct driver. those were the last two drivers I needed so I am getting rid of that driver max thing now.

anywho, the graphics card should be here sometime this week, will let you know how it works out

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK great to hear you got it resolved. Maybe a issue with the newest drivers for the kb and mouse. Microsoft will have updated drivers when they are available and tested so no worries there. I will wait for your video card results. :thumbsup:

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I got my video card today and put it in and my god, it plays games the smoothest I have ever seen even on highest. I know a lot of people say that card is not high end, but I am not used to having that good of a PC so its amazing! best of all, no blackscreens! I have had the computer on for about 9 hours now and no problems.

I thank you for all the help you gave me and the card recommendation I probably would have ended up sending the whole thing back if you didn't help me figure it out, thanks! :happy:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am so happy everything has finally been resolved and the card works so well for you. With that I am honored to say Congratulations MrPerson. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience. This topic will remain open for others in the future to learn from and in the case of the original poster if the issue returns.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible