Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin wireless router stopped working after thunderstorm

• Please log in to reply

garciabunch

garciabunch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

Our wireless router has stopped working since we had a thunderstorm come thru. I am able to connect to the internet when I am hard lined directly from the modem into the desktop tower. But when wired via the router can not connect. I have tried repowering and recycling the system all to no avail. I have taken screen shots of the ipconfig screen and the router config screen so that may be of help to you. thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• ipconfig.png
  • Belkin config.png

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: garciabunch

What type of wireless device do you have.
Do you have the installation disk that was supplied with the Belkin device.

Have you checked the following;
The Network and Sharing center to see if connecting via your router by way of a Wi-Fi connection is an option.
That the wireless device (if a USB dongle) that you are trying to connect if it will work on another computer.
The Device Manager to see if there are any yellow ! or red Xs present next to your Network Adapters.

garciabunch

garciabunch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was able to find my installation CD. Prior to the thunderstorm coming thru all my wireless devices were able to connect to the internet. I tried to cycle thru the system but powering down(unplugging) the modem, router and rebooting the PC before I contacted you and it did not work. Now that I have found my installation CD I will try reinstalling and see if that works. :)

garciabunch

garciabunch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, the installation CD did not work. I contacted my ISP and they said that my router has probably gone bad and needs to be replaced. Would you agree?

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Yes because when you bypassed the router all was working fine.

Connect to router and then router to modem = not working, simple logic really. :)