Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming Desktop

• Please log in to reply

Justin_Case

Justin_Case

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, first of all i'm new here, so hi :cool:
This will become my first desktop build ever so i could get some help.
I would like to know if this hardware is durable and quite futureproof for gaming, or if i need to change something.
My budget is around 1200 Euro. (~1593,60 Dollars)

Currently i'm thinking of getting:

GPU: GTX 770
CPU: i5 4670K
MOBO: Asus Z87-PRO
PSU: Sea Sonic X-750 v2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mhz

HDD: 120 gb ssd Samsung 840 Pro
WD 1TB 7200 RPM
Case : Cooler Master Haf X
HSF: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

any comments, ideas?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Justin_Case

You do not have an OS disk such as Windows 7 64-bit, what will you be using.

Your aftermarket cooler, a very important thing I must make you aware of is that you do not need the additional heatsink and CPU fan and if you did use it you would void your CPU warranty both AMD and Intel are clear on this, see below;

AMD;
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if the AMD microprocessor which is the subject of this Limited Warranty is used with any heatsink/fan other than the one provided herewith.
Full AMD article @ http://support.amd.c...earLimited.aspx

Intel;
damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing;
Full Intel article available @ http://www.intel.com...b/cs-009862.htm

As an asides Justin_Case you also post this question in another members topic which will be removed, please do not hijack other members topics as it can become confusing as to who is following what guidance, thank you for understanding.

Justin_Case

Justin_Case

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply! And sorry for hijacking the other thread. ( I tried to delete my reply but couldn't see that option)
As for the OS: I already have Windows 7 so that won't be a problem.
Thanks for the information on intel's warranty, wasn't aware of that.
I chose alternate cooling, because I've read several times that Intel's cpu cooling isn't good enough. Are the other hardware any good?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No worries as we all make mistakes :)

Is your Windows 7 disk a full retail type that has a product key that is not in use on another computer or is it a brand new OEM version and product key that has never been used.

Both AMD and Intel CPU coolers are tested over and above the temperatures that their CPUs will normally operate so no worries there.

Your choice of hardware is very good and you are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Justin_Case

Justin_Case

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, let's just say that installing the OS is not going to be a problem for me :whistling:
I figure, once the warranty is expired and i still haven't replace it with something else, i can always try an aftermarket cooler.
Also because this is going to be my first build, I'd rather keep it simple from the start and tweak my desktop as i learn new things over the years.
Thanks again for your help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello Justin_Case

Well, let's just say that installing the OS is not going to be a problem for me :whistling:

May I draw your attention to the GTG Terms of Use that you agreed to abide by when you became a member;

p.The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

GTG Terms of Use

It is important that we know from where the OS was obtained in order for us to be able to continue providing assistance, thank you for understanding.