Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware/Virus possible Artua Vladislav (fs) and other symptoms [Closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Ok, overall it seems much better, still a couple of times it has been hanging over the last couple of days and needed to reboot.

Advertisements

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
As I'm away this weekend I'll go through the removal of the all prog we installed on Monday, if I get any problems with that I'll report back here.

Perhaps the best way forward would be for me to check out the other forums you suggested, after that.

I appreciate all your help with all the technical challenges.

Many, many thanks :)

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
You are welcome. Let's take care of the Vipre driver that FSS found.

Farbar Fix

Warning: This fix is relevant for this system and no other. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the same location where the program is. (It should be the desktop)[attachment=67223:fixlist.txt]
  • Please re-open the Farbar Scan tool. To do that:
  • Right click the FRST.exe file, click Run as Administrator and OK any UAC prompts to run the program.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt). Please post it in your next reply.
    The Fixlog.txt file can also be found in the same location that the program was run from.

Then, if you haven't performed the clean up steps yet, go back to post #120 and do so.

Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Do Not attach the logs unless I request it.
1. The Fixlog.txt log
Then after you have performed the clean up, post back and let me know.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
User returned.

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
thanks Godawgs.

Here is the log: Content of fixlist:
S3 gfiark; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\gfiark.sys [41584 2013-04-11] (ThreatTrack Security)
S3 catchme; \??\C:\Users\Frances\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys [x]
S3 MREMPR5; \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Motive\MREMPR5.SYS [x]
S3 MRENDIS5; \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Motive\MRENDIS5.SYS [x]

gfiark => Service deleted successfully.
catchme => Service deleted successfully.
MREMPR5 => Service deleted successfully.
MRENDIS5 => Service deleted successfully.

==== End of Fixlog ====

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Thanks for the log. If you don't have any new issues let's clean up the tools....post #120

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Ok starting today to clean things up I'll go back to the post.
thanks

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Godawgs I wanted to check something with you. This month I am due to update my AVG anti virus - I was advised to get it after several virus infections and told this was the best.

Is that true? As I use my PC a lot usually 8hrs a day, what would you recommend? Is AVG the best or would you suggest something else more substantial or cost effective instead?

All the other info you provided at post 120 is very helpful too. :)

thanks again

Feather24

Feather24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Hi Godawgs, I am just working through no:120 post the clean up.

I've done steps 1-6 ok, although I couldn't follow your "run" instructions as my system works differently but I seem to have gotten around that!

Step 7 - I've created a new restore point -

My problem is when I came to purge the old restore points.

I got to the disk clean up window, I don't have the option "system restore and shadow copies section".

I have ONE tab Disk clean up and on there is a selection of options tick boxes to clean up, none of those are system restore and shadow copies. Also I have a button to select lower down which says "clean system files button" is that what I use instead?

thanks

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Yes. Go back to the Disk Cleanup screen and click the Clean up system files button. Disk cleanup will ask you to choose the disk. Choose the C: drive. Disk cleanup will load again and the More Options tab will be visible.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.