Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"A Crash has been detected by bugtrap"

• Please log in to reply

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I've been playing this game called dragon saga and it keeps giving me a bugtrap error everytime I run dungeons and stuff. I can play the game for a while and then that window will pop up. I even tried reinstalling and stuff, no such luck. My laptop doesn't do this however, it can play the game for hours and it doesn't have this bugtrap error pop up. So I copied the files from my laptop into my main computer and I still get bugtraps. I am wondering if it's just something that my desktop is doing to the game.

I've played many other games and I never came across this problem with crashing so much. Here's some screenshots of the bugtrap window.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello aznboi2o9

Can I ask from where the game was obtained, was it originally installed from a disk or downloaded.

It could be both a software or hardware issue so first try updating DirectX and see if that helps, a tutorial provided courtesy of Starjax Here
Memory could also be responsible so we need some information about the computer, can you run Speccy and post the url for us please

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hello aznboi2o9

Can I ask from where the game was obtained, was it originally installed from a disk or downloaded.

It could be both a software or hardware issue so first try uninstalling and then reinstalling DirectX and see if that helps, a tutorial provided courtesy of Starjax Here
Memory could also be responsible so we need some information about the computer, can you run Speccy and post the url for us please

It was originally installed from a clean download from the game website. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX and let you know if that helped.

And here is the speccy url, http://speccy.pirifo...8IVFm1vAJOmWvdr

EDIT:

Actually, how do you uninstall DirectX? The guide doesn't tell me to do any uninstalling. It just tells me to download the directX.

Edited by aznboi2o9, 18 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Speccy shows that you have adequate resources for the game which leaves either the game software itself or possibly DirectX which by the way I should have said to update, apologies for that :blush:

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hmm.. It said that I already have the newest version installed already.

Here's a screenie:

Posted Image

Here's something new that I got today.. Never seen it before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by aznboi2o9, 20 August 2013 - 01:20 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Some questions if I may;

Have you checked for driver updates for the video card AMD Driver Autodetect
Be sure to create a restore point before updating any new drivers.
Have you submitted a BugTrap Report to the game providers site.
Have you run the StarterActiveXDownload to see what that says about running the game on your computer http://dragonsaga.gs...dragon_download
Apart from copying the game files from the notebook was the game ever downloaded directly to the computer that will not play the game correctly.
Have you requested help on the games own forum http://dragonsaga.gs...om/dragon_forum
Do you have a link to the site to where the game was downloaded from.
What are the brand and model name or number details of the notebook that the game will run on ok.
Is the game that you have installed that will not play the 32 or 64-bit version.

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Some questions if I may;

Have you checked for driver updates for the video card AMD Driver Autodetect
Be sure to create a restore point before updating any new drivers.
No, I rarely update my video card drivers because I had an experience where I updated new drivers and it messed up my amd catalyst control center. But, I'll try I guess.

Have you submitted a BugTrap Report to the game providers site.
Yes, I sent a support ticket to them and they said they will "look into it."

Have you run the StarterActiveXDownload to see what that says about running the game on your computer http://dragonsaga.gs...dragon_download
That dragonsaga site isn't the one that I play on. This is the site of the game that I play: http://playdragonsaga.com/

Apart from copying the game files from the notebook was the game ever downloaded directly to the computer that will not play the game correctly.
Yes, I even uninstalled the game and re-downloaded and reinstalled it last night. I received a bug trap error again after a while.

Have you requested help on the games own forum http://dragonsaga.gs...om/dragon_forum
Yea, not on that site but on the other dragon saga forums. No one knows how to fix it and the forums are very inactive.

Do you have a link to the site to where the game was downloaded from.
http://www.playdragonsaga.com/downloads/clientdownload.aspx

What are the brand and model name or number details of the notebook that the game will run on ok.
Dell XPS 15

Is the game that you have installed that will not play the 32 or 64-bit version.
I don't understand this question because I don't know the version of the game I installed. I just run the downloader from the site and uh.. shouldn't it do it by itself.

I should have mentioned this from the beginning but, I only get bugtraps when I am actually playing. I don't get it when I afk for long hours, doing nothing.

Edited by aznboi2o9, 21 August 2013 - 12:56 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I don't understand this question because I don't know the version of the game I installed. I just run the downloader from the site and uh.. shouldn't it do it by itself.

The game is available to download in 32-bit and both of your computers are 64-bit, the game runs ok on the Dell XPS 15 so the same download should work on the second computer, I would however uninstall the game and then download it again but ensuring that it is the 64-bit platform.

I don't get it when I afk for long hours, doing nothing

Not sure what you mean by this.

FWIW many users at the attached link are less than happy with the games tech support and some say it is a Windows issue http://dragonsaga.gs...n_forum/t105537

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I don't see anywhere that tells me to select the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the download. When I click on the download link on the official website, it just tells me to download an installer so that's what i have always been doing. I even did that for the Dell XPS 15 laptop.

I meant that I do not get any bug trap errors when I am doing nothing in the game, such as standing still, idling, in a town. I can do that for long hours and I don't get any bug trap windows popping up. I only get the bug trap windows when I am playing extensively like running dungeons, killing monsters, etc.

And yea, this game is one of the most buggiest, crappiest game I have ever played but the content is enjoyable. My friends in game always crash every single day but they don't get the bug trap errors like me. I just wish there was something we, the players, can do to tell the developers to fix some of their bugs.

Edited by aznboi2o9, 22 August 2013 - 02:02 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
What you describe the computer as doing when the crashes occur points to the video card not being able to cope when the extra demand is placed on it and not the actual game software, this comes back to the Direct3D crash information, have you tried running dxdiag to test the video cards performance, let me know if you are unsure how to run dxdiag and I will let you know.

Advertisements

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hmm, I know how to run dxdiag but I'm unsure how to make it test the video card's performance.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You only need to click on the Display tab for it to report any problems, try it both with and without the Check for WHQL digital signatures option ticked and provide screenshots of both for us please.

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Without the Check for WHQL digital signatures:
Posted Image

With the Check for WHQL digital signatures:
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Did you run the 32-bit or the 64-bit dxdiag test.

Have you read the troubleshooting topic Here

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I ran both and it displayed the same thing.

Yea, I read that thread. I even downloaded the person's xml.dat file and replaced it with mine. It made my client unplayable by not launching when I try to double click the program.

EDIT:
Btw, I was toying with the game, playing with different kinds of settings. I right click the game and went to compatibility and clicked the boxes for "disable visual theme, disable desktop composition, and disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

By doing that, I can play for a fair amount of time. I would only get one or two bugtraps once in a while but it's playable for now..

Edited by aznboi2o9, 26 August 2013 - 07:23 PM.