Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error 0x80070571 keeps popping up?

• Please log in to reply

Sueeeyyyyyy

Sueeeyyyyyy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday, when I turned on my laptop, it said something (I didn't really read it or care >.<) about a corrupted something and I didn't think much of it, and i didn't let it finish a scan thing it wanted to do and I had no problems...I almost forgot about it until about 2 hours ago, when I was trying to organize on my laptop, I kept getting error 0x80070571 every time i tried moving or deleting something. I did the chkdsk scan thing and it's still not letting me do anything. I looked around online and tried downloading things to repair it or scan for corrupted things, but I can't save them anywhere because I get the error. What do I do? Could it be a virus? Will I have to do a factory reset? I'm sooo concerned!

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Hello and :welcome:

This error points to corrupted disk structure. Is this the only one hard drive installed?

Are you able to download and save things on USB sticks? If so, try running Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows.
HERE you'll find download and instructions. Let me know about the results.
Perform an extended test.