Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Recorder Win 7 problem

• Please log in to reply

Wrinkly Pete

Wrinkly Pete

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi,
Hoping someone can assist me.

I originally wanted just a short-cut icon on my desktop for the "Sound Recorder" (normally located in Start > All programmes > Accessories).
No problem doing so. I just dragged it to the desktop and there was my short-cut, EXCEPT it wasn't just a short-cut as the original location no longer contained Sound Recorder!

I have tried several ways of returning the application to its original location in Accessories but cannot do so.
The closest I can get is to "pin it to start menu" by right clicking the desktop icon and selecting Pin To Start Menu, but I cannot drag it back to Accessories.
I may just be having a "senior moment" missing the obvious, but I've run out of ideas.
Is there any way I can get it back to Accessories please?

Thanks

P.S. Apologies - I have solved the problem myself (for once!).
I used the System Restore and all is back to normal now, sorry.

I'm unable to delete this post but it may be useful for someone else with the same problem. Feel free to delete it if you wish.

Edited by Wrinkly Pete, 22 August 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You could try going back to before using a restore point Pete and if that works then right click on Recorder and this time click Send to Desktop.

This will create nothing more than a shortcut.

Wrinkly Pete

Wrinkly Pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Thanks Wolfeymole.

I have fixed it myself, by using System Restore.
I did update my posting with a P.S. which may have "crossed in the post" with your reply.
Thanks anyway, much appreciated.