Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My drive can read but cannot burn anymore!

• Please log in to reply

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hello,

I have "ASUS DRW 2014S1T ATA" that's not burning disks anymore. Though I didn't use it to bun CDs for a long time, it reads them very well.

I'm having problems now with my HDD so when I tried to create a "System Repair Disk", it kept popping-up an error screen stating "The write failed because the drive returned error information that could not be recovered from (0xC0AA0301)". I also tried burning regular stuff like images and video files and I ended up with failed burning processes.

I uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it but the problem is still there. I installed a third party CD/ DVD burning program (Nero 7) but I still kept getting error screens.

PS: For what it's worth I recently converted to Win7.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It doesn't sound like it's a software problem but more possibly the drive itself has a faulty write laser. Do you have another or access to another drive that you can try in your system to verify if it is the drive or not?

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Yes, I have an old one I'll check it and post back.