Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop Up Ads Everywhere [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

btmitchell78

btmitchell78

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm Bryan Mitchell. I have McAfee's Internet Security and my pop-up blockers on with all my browsers and I am still getting pop-up ads. First, they would pop up when I clicked on a valid link from a generally trusted site (yahoo, google, you name it). Now there is a permanent ad that shows up on all sites that gives the option to "hide ad" and it is from some site called bigfineads.com. I used to be able to block all the unwanted ads and I'm not sure what stirred this since I'm not the only one using this PC. My Scans come up with nothing. I'm planning on downloading Firefox and getting rid of Google Chrome and never using IE again. I don't think this will help though. Do you have any ideas for me?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi before I can help I will need to look at your system

Download OTL to your Desktop
Secondary link
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

Posted Image
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    BASESERVICES
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Post both logs

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.