Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Recover and Extract Zip Files From Corrupted Zipped Archive Fol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jamessimon

jamessimon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Friends,

I am James Simon and asking you about Zip corruption error messages. Because I have lost my entire Pictures images and word document files in .zip file format. I am trying to extract my data from zip folder again to again but don't extract and show such error message like "Cannot open file:it does not appear to be a valid archive" so in such scenario, which is best solution to defeat such error message.

Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I can't recommend any tools from personal experience. But, after looking around I found a nice review of several tools:
http://www.techradar...zip-file-986146

I strongly recommend an online / offsite backup. you can use something like dropbox or sugar sync for file backups or a complete system backup with crash plan or carbonite.

michalcharry

michalcharry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Jamessimon,

If you are really disappoint from Zip corruption error messages so make use of SysTools Zip repair tool which offer the best and expertise solution to repair zip file after zip file database dissolved. I was also facing such zip error message last month. After many time, I found a superior Zip recovery solution with help its application really, I get all my lost vital document data from damaged Zip archive folder in less time.

Thanks

richardbranson

richardbranson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Only a best zip repair software can help you in this situation but you have to spend some money to use the software as there are no freebies available. I would advice you to try Kernel for Zip Repair tool an efficient tool to repair various kinds of corruption issues in zip files and recover information from it. Download and install the trial version of the tool first, using the trial version you can preview the recovered items but to save them you have to buy the full version.

Edited by richardbranson, 09 September 2013 - 04:06 AM.