Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 will not update

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Looks like you unzipped it ok. Just the file does not exist. Let's see if we can create it.

Copy the next 2 lines

cd \Windows\System32\Msdtc
echo empty > \Windows\System32\Msdtc\MSDTC.LOG

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied lines should appear.
Hit Enter. Does it give you an error for either command?

I replied to one of your posts in the malware forum. You just need to download OTL.exe from the link and do a quickscan. IT should create 2 logs for you. Copy and paste both of them to a reply to the malware forum post.

Advertisements

zac1

zac1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Good Afternoon Ron,
I have had no communication from you for 3 days would be grateful for an update as to where we are now.

Best Wishes
Zac1

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Waiting for your OTL logs in the malware forum. I replied to one of your three posts in the malware forum and also to this one. Check your spam filter.

Going to be off-line until Saturday night. Have to take the wife to the airport.

zac1

zac1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello Ron,
I have sent you the logs twice already.They come up on my malware forum.I do not know what is happening.Please advise.

zac1

zac1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello Ron
I cannot find the missing emails you sent previously.