Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer refuses to play some games without unplayable mouse lag

• Please log in to reply

Ghillie111

Ghillie111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello tech experts! My computer has recently been very fussy about playing certain games. For example, Osu! and League of Legends are unplayable (only when I move my mouse), while games like Skyrim and Terraria work just fine. Recently, I moved my computer a lot for a LAN party and around that time the heat sink for my processor broke - I was idling at about 90 C. I assumed that these problems occurred because my processor was having trouble through all the heat. After replacing my heat sink, I still get unplayable amounts of lag in the same games. But why? I've got a high-end computer that will run games WAY more demanding than League of Legends, and "CPU Thermometer" shows no temperatures over 50 C, yet simply moving the mouse brings forth [bleep]! I used to think that my Razer Mamba was the cause, as I would only get the lag when I had it plugged in (not in wireless mode, though). The problem got worse, however, and now I can't even use this crappy replacement mouse I have. What's going on, why is my computer so selective about what games it will/won't play, and how in the world can I fix this mess? Thanks in advance!

Windows Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Memory (RAM) 8105 MB
CPU Info Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU Speed 3291.4 MHz
Sound Card Speakers (Turtle Beach P11 Head |
Speakers (Realtek High Definiti |
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek |

Display Adapters NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 | Intel® HD Graphics | Intel® HD Graphics | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors 2x; Generic PnP Monitor | Generic PnP Monitor |
Screen Resolution 1920 X 1080 - 32 bit
Network Network Present
Network Adapters Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
CD / DVD Drives 1x (D: | ) D: ASUS DRW-24B1ST c
Ports COM Ports NOT Present. LPT Port NOT Present.
Mouse 16 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks C: 465.7GB
Hard Disks - Free C: 130.3GB
USB Controllers 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394) Not Detected
Manufacturer * American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make * To Be Filled By O.E.M.
AC Power Status OnLine
BIOS Info | |
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Battery Status No Battery
Motherboard * ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3
IP Address: Nice try, guys.
MAC Address BC-5F-F4-43-9E-E9
Host Name GHILLIE-PC
SM BIOS P1.20

Edited by Ghillie111, 01 September 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Advertisements