Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will this processor work nice

• Please log in to reply

coguy321

coguy321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks iammykyl I think I might get that one.

What do you all think about the brand FSP, it has slightly lower watts at 400W (which I like better, because I don't want to waste excess power that adds up over time). It has good ratings, but if it could have quality issues (or any other compatibility issues) then I'll just go with the Rosewill which of course has nice quality from many reviews.

FSP Group AURUM S 400W:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817104172

I would rather have one between 350W to 400W to save on power, but the Rosewill may be the safest for all the components based on good reviews.

Edited by coguy321, 20 September 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Advertisements

coguy321

coguy321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I wonder what this is on the Rosewill: Active-PFC with auto AC-input voltage adjustment(100-240V)

http://www.rosewill....il_Overview.htm

It would be nice if PSU's could step down automatically if power usage never reached the higher Watt levels that they can supply.

But I'll likely get the Rosewill.

Edited by coguy321, 20 September 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Mine does the same. It sense what voltage your house current is and adjust accordingly.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.

Q. What do you all think about the brand FSP, it has slightly lower watts at 400W (which I like better, because I don't want to waste excess power that adds up over time).
A. The FSP is as good as the Rosewill, both will be OK for your system, Choice is up to you. A 1000w or a 500w only outputs as much power as the system requires, so a computer maxed out needing 400 watts will draw exactly the same watts from either PSU.

Q. It would be nice if PSU's could step down automatically if power usage never reached the higher Watt levels that they can supply.
A. They do, sort of step down, controlled by the amount of power sucked out of the PSU.

You are right to be concerned about your power bill and a good way to use less electricity, is to have the correct power profile set for how you use the computer.
Mine is in sue, off and on, all day and is only switched off when I go to bed.
So, with all work left open, I have, no screen saver, sleep the monitor after 5 minuets of no activity, Hibernate the computer after ten minuets of no activity.
screen wakes in 2 seconds, computer wakes in 11 seconds and away I go again.

coguy321

coguy321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Alright, Thank you both for the help.