Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Image Issue

• Please log in to reply

Rutstuck

Rutstuck

• Pip
  • 2 posts
If someone sends me an e-mail with JPEG attachments, they are displayed without me having to open each one. That's a good thing, I guess, because all I have to do is scroll down the images instead of having to open each separate JPEG.

Up until a few days ago, everything worked fine - all images displayed correctly. Now, all the images appear in low detail, like when you zoom in too close on an image - it's a mosaic of little squares....

At first, I thought I had a video card problem, but I found if I left click on an image to select it, then right click, the drop down menu includes an option to, "Refresh picture with opimal settings." If I click that option, the picture - and only that picture - appears normal. I have to do this for each image. Not good...

I've tried going into Display and tinker with refresh rates and color settings, but nothing seems to help. I have no idea now where to go or where to start looking for a problem. None of the Windows troubleshooters match my problem. All text and programs seem to work.display fine...

As my user name implies, I'm in a rut. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as a woman once told me "it's not you, it's me". the problem is probably the fault of the sender not the reciever. whoever is sending these images may have changed software or compression settings on their image tools. though in a slight regress it could be a setting in your mail client (i.e. outlook). if you downloaded an update recently it may have "Optimized" something for you

Rutstuck

Rutstuck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dsenette, thank you 4 your reply. I recently had to give up high speed cable and revert to dial-up due to $$$. I'll poke around in Earthlink and see if I changed any settings. WEB