Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pulling information off of a Lenovo g770 laptop

• Please log in to reply

danielcowgill

danielcowgill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a stupid Lenovo g770 laptop from a pawnshop and lastweek it quit working then I smashed the screen and ripped off part o f the laptop, I can see the hard drive on the back and the only think I know about it is that it is a 750gb hard drive I just ned to know how I can pull all of my information off of it? I don't care about personal information as I will burn the compenenets before putting it into a compressor after I am done but I ned my videos pictres and music all of which would take years to replace if I were to look elsewhere. I thin k it is a SATA hard drive I wont know till I find tools to take the hard drive out or what it looks like.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hi :welcome:

From the specs it's a SATA HDD, you can use and adapter like the one on the image/link to access the disk like an external drive.
Posted Image

The SATA HDD can also be connected directly to a SATA port on a Desktop computer.