Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google redirect

• Please log in to reply

Husky359

Husky359

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am being redirected on Google search results. I followed all the initial advice here. It looks like it is only happening on Google Chrome and not Internet Explorer. I am running the OTL but it has been running since last night on the quick scan. How long is that supposed to go?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Phel

Phel

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,386 posts
Hello, Husky359 and welcome to GeeksToGo!

You can call me Phel and this time I will try to help you with your trouble.

Please, spend some time to read these instructions carefully before we start. They contain very useful information.

• Please, stay with us until the end. I know, Malware Removal isn't very fast procedure, it usually has multiple steps, but you should stay here till your computer will be absolutely clean from malware. If your main problem is solved, that doesn't mean that another malware isn't left in your computer. Your patience will be rewarded with absolutely clean computer. :)
  • Please, let me know, if you don't understand something. It is really important to understand every instruction. If you are in doubt, how to follow one or another instruction - feel free to ask me, how to do that. I am always glad to help you with that.
  • Please, don't fix anything by yourself. Please, don't run any tools unless they are required. Trying multiple tools in hope that one of them will help can lead to unrecoverable consequences. Sometimes malware removal tools, used without supervision, can harm your computer more than malware itself.
  • Please, feel free to notify me about changes in your PC's behavior. It's really interesting for me to know, how your computer is running after each portion of fixes.
  • Please note, that I'm currently in training. It doesn't mean that my help will be worse than expert help. My posts are carefully checked by experts before they are posted. Please note, that my replies sometimes can come with delays. However, usually it takes less than 24 hours to revise my message by expert and post to you it.
  • Finally, enjoy the fight! ;)

How long is that supposed to go?

OTL scan shouldn't take so much time. Let's try another tool.

• Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool here to your Desktop.
  • When completed, launch the downloaded file.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

Posted Image
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop. Please copy and paste it to your reply.