Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio Output Device - Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply

mrbojos

mrbojos

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with Windows Vista Home SP2 32 bit. My sound is not working at all. I was uninstalling some unused programs and got distracted. I am afraid that I uninstalled something related to my sound. I have researched several websites and tried several different methods to get my sound back. It seems that my "High Definition Audio Device" is corrupt or missing (code 39). I have uninstalled, re installed, and updated and this driver and it doesn't seem to restore it. Also, I have a "Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC" driver that is also corrupt or missing (Code 39). I have gone through several posts on this website and came up empty. When I hoover over the "speaker" symbol in the right hand corner of my computer a message comes up saying "No Audio Output Device is Installed".

Does anybody have any ideas that I can try?. thanks.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
The first thing you should do is go to your DEVICE MANAGER and right click on your 2 High Definition Audio that are corrupted and choose uninstall. Restart your computer and hopefully windows will reinstall your drivers automatically and all will work.

If it does not work you should download the driver for your Audio device at this address
http://www.dell.com/...t/inspiron-1525
make sure you choose the drivers for Vista 32 bit then under Audio you have the "SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio V.6.10.0.5866, A03 Driver for Vista 32bit" this is your driver.

Once downloaded you will notice that this file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.

Hope that helps

mrbojos

mrbojos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I tried everything you suggested with no luck. Do you have any other suggestions? Even after I re installed the Sigma Audio driver it still says that is missing or corrupt.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
When you uninstalled your Sound-card did you see this option (Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "OK.")

If you had a windows driver then this option will not be there.

If it is there the option and you did not check it when you tried earlier then do this and re-install the new drivers you downloaded and hopefully it will work.

Edited by Alzeimer, 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If you still have problems it may be due to a registry error that is not uninstalled so if you feel confident enough you can manually clean the leftovers files and registry entries by doing this

Delete registry entries of SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.0.5866, A03 CAREFULLY

*HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.0.5866, A03
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.0.5866, A03

Search throughout the hard drive and delete all associated files

*C:\Program Files\SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.0.5866, A03
*C:\Documents and Settings\A\Application Data\SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.0.5866, A03

mrbojos

mrbojos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well that didn't work either. I am missing something. When I deleted what you said the "High Definition Audio Device" still keeps trying to re-install when I restart the computer. I re-installed the Sigma Tel Audio driver and still nothing.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
The Dell Inspiron 1525 if I am right as an HDMI port so when you see the High Definition Audio Device it is for the Audio of your HDMI and I think you need to install the Intel Mobile Chipset, v.Vista32/XP v8.2.0.1014, A00 driver to make the hdmi sound to work.

As for your Sigmatel driver maybe updating the Intel chipset driver will help to reinstall the Audio driver, when you uninstall the Audio try to run the new drivers before you restart your computer hopefully this will help overwrite any corrupted files.

if not then I am unable to help you more