Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ad.yieldmanager.com removal? [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

I'll go ahead and remove Avira and the Ask bar later tonight

Great news, you can then run the first OTL fix, ADWcleaner and JRT as this won't affect AOL at all. Here post 10

Let me know if the Avast initial scan finds anything. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Just FYI, been under deadline on a project and haven't gotten to this yet. Don't want you think I'm ignoring it, just not yet able to do it.

Thx for your patience, Nutloaf.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Thank you for letting me know.

Work - Allows us to earn money but leaves little time to enjoy it :)

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi Phlegmbot still with me? :)

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Yeah. Thanks for the kick in the a$$/reminder.

Over the weekend I uninstalled the Ask bar and Avira and Installed Avast (which has all of these pop-ups and sounds which are annoying -- later, I'll ask you for help on that).

I haven't yet run those programs again, but it's on my list for later tonight.

Thank you for being patient.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

Avast - which has all of these pop-ups and sounds which are annoying -- later, I'll ask you for help on that

These can be altered to suit yourself. Some pop-ups are needed of course to warn or remind you. Sounds can also be altered. More on this after I get those logs.

I will need to run further scans due to the time gap. More on this later.

P.S I know you have edited the profanity in your opening statement, but best keep it clean(er) as it's a family site :thumbsup:

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Heya, Nutloaf!

OK, well, I've run OTL and JRT.

A couple of things:

1. Getting back into Windows seemed to take an extraordinary amount of time after running OTL (& the restart that it requested). Is that normal?

2. One of my programs is now asking me to re-register.

3. My volume controls which used to appear on-screen, no longer do. Perhaps this will fix itself w/another restart as it HAS happened from time to time.

I don't know what these programs "fixed," but the fact that all of these things are now happening cannot be a coincidence, and it's very frustrating. I'm not keen on running the 3rd program.

Thoughts?

The second file below is what OTL created.

Also, OTL and JRT seemed to create other folders, you'll help me remove those, yes?

Thanks for everything! And, again, your patience (btw: regarding the "family" tone: The word used above is a synonym for a mule and has been AOK in 8pm prime time family programming on TV since the early 1970s, I saw no issue w/using it here. Juuust sayin'. =op )

Attached Files

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi There :)

Getting back into Windows seemed to take an extraordinary amount of time after running OTL (& the restart that it requested). Is that normal?

Some files have to be deleted after reboot to delete succesfully and this does affect startup :)

One of my programs is now asking me to re-register.

Which program is that please?

My volume controls which used to appear on-screen, no longer do. Perhaps this will fix itself w/another restart as it HAS happened from time to time.

Has it? Are your sound card drivers up to date? Have you tried to re-install the drivers.

If this happens again:

• Right click the Taskbar and select Properties and under Notification Area click Customize...
  • On the Volume drop down menu select Hide Icon and Notifications then reselect Show Icon and Notifications If no luck there try the next step:
  • At the bottom of this screen click the Turn System Icons On Or Off link then switch the Volume off then on again

I don't know what these programs "fixed," but the fact that all of these things are now happening cannot be a coincidence, and it's very frustrating. I'm not keen on running the 3rd program.

The volume issue you experienced previously so that leaves the program to register. I understand your concerns but we are only halfway through with the clean. Still stuff to do yet.

The 3rd tool ADWcleaner needs to be run to remove what was found in the 1st scan. I advise you to run this tool to clean those infections.

Also, OTL and JRT seemed to create other folders, you'll help me remove those, yes?

Yes that is taken care off in a later post.

=============================================

O.K moving on. I'd like you to run ADWcleaner and some diagnostic tools.

1. Run ADWcleaner

• Right click ADWcleaner and Run as Administrator then select Scan
  • Once the scan is complete click Clean
  • A reboot will be asked for click O.K
  • On reboot a log will be produced, please post in your next reply.

2. CKScanner

• Using this link Download CKScanner and Save it to your desktop.
  • Please run the program once only.
  • Right click the CKScanner icon and "Run as administrator" (XP users - Doubleclick the icon)
  • Click Search For Files.
  • When the circle cursor (hourglass) disappears, click Save List To File.
  • The file will be saved to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste CKFiles.txt in your next reply.

3. Scan with WVCheck:

Please download WVCheck and save it to the desktop.

• Double click on WVCheck.exe and follow the prompts.
  • The scan may take some time depending on the Hard-Drive size.
  • Please post the contents of the notepad file WVCheck_nnnn_dd-mm-yyyy that can be located on the desktop.

4. MGADiag

• Using this link Download MGADiag and save to your Desktop
  • Right Click the MGADiag icon and select Run as Administrator
  • Click Continue to begin diagnosis. The Blue Circle Cursor will disappear when complete.
  • Now click Copy now open Notepad Right click in Notepad and Paste the log there.
  • Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

Things I want to see in your next post.
  • ADWcleaner results
  • ckfiles.txt
  • VWcheck results
  • MGAdiag results

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Heya, Nutloaf!

OK, um, I started ADWCleaner, and it told me the version I have is out of date. So it brought me to the site, but it didn't DL anything. I clicked Downloads, but I don't see the actual program. And it doesn't help that everything's in French (even after I click "English (UK)").

HELP!

:blink:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hmm the link I supplied you is to the current version of ADWcleaner. Did you use my link?

Please open ADWcleaner and click Uninstall then use the link I've supplied here to download. When you click this link the Download will begin automatically in a few seconds no need to click anything on the screen.

Use this link for ADWcleaner

Advertisements

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hey again. Another question: Will any of the cleaners/scanners clear my Firefox Cache? I ask b/c I've several tabs open of stuff I need to get to and don't want them deleted. So I need to know so I can save the URLs for each tab. THX!

Edited by Phlegmbot, 29 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi there,I would save those url's before running the tools. ADWcleaner will clean the prefs file and won't clear the cache, but clearing the cache is recomended although don't perform that yet as I need clearance before I make any changes to your PC.

To sum up: Save any work you need before running tools. This is why I ask users to backup anything important before we start poking around :)

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hello, just doing my 4 day checkup, still with me?

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Yup! Sorry, I've been trying to get to this, and things just keep interrupting me.

Hoping to get it done tonight (he says for the 3rd time).

SORRY AGAIN!

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Heya!

Well, I've finally gotten to all the checks you wanted.

Thanks so much for being patient w/me!

-PBot

Attached Files