Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connected...But No Internet Acces & Unidentified Network

• Please log in to reply

huntnicholas85

huntnicholas85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay so....none of those work. Came home did BOTH things you asked after reboot and still nothing I'm growing weary of not being able to fix this. Please say you may have other tricks up your sleeve?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

everywhere i go (i.e. mcdonalds, etc) i can pickup signal, no problems so it cant be the wireless card EVERYWHERE except my neighbors.

Perhaps I don't understand the problem. Are you saying you have good connectivity everywhere but your neighbor?

If that's the case what encryption is your neighbor using on his router? I have an HP All in One with built-in wireless and it works fine on WEP at my house but fails miserably at WPA2 at my daughter's. I bought a USB wireless adapter for it and turned off the internal wireless and no problems. You might check with your PC or wireless adapter maker to see if there is a newer driver.

huntnicholas85

huntnicholas85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I can connect to any network without problem except my neighbors. I have already asked him to unplug and replug his modem and/or router. I dont know what kind of encryption he uses as I frankly and honestly dont even know what that is. And as far as the drivers I have a Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WIFI adapter and Microsoft Virtual Miniport WIfi adapter and i have gone to update drivers option as well as unistalled them and let them reinstall after reboot

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Can you download speccy from McDonalds or somewhere?

Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button) Download, Save and Install it. Run Speccy. When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), File, Save as Text File, (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK. Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System. (It will be near the top about 10 lines down.) Attach the file to your next post.

Then go back home and connect to your neighbor and run speccy again and create a second log. I guess you will need to go back to McDonald's to post it.