Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disk read error occurred

• Please log in to reply

xprince1x

xprince1x

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time I try 2 start up my dell latitude d610 laptop its bringing!!a message wch is telling me that a DISK READ ERROR HAS OCCURED!! I have tried pressing ctrl alt del!!bt its still failing to get turned on!!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Could be a dying/dead hard drive. They ALL eventually die. :(

Try disconnecting ALL peripherals attached to the computer and removing any discs|disks from ALL of it drives (except the hard drive of course). Now try booting. If still no go, check to see if the hard drive is being recognized in the CMOS/BIOS Setup.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: xprince1x

If I may chime in folks :)

Do you have data on the HDD that you would like to try and back up.

If the HDD has never been formatted there may be a Dell diagnostic tool (and possibly a Recovery Partition) on it, see below;

Hold down the F12 key and then press the power button to turn the computer on, the Dell logo will appear and then a text menu may be displayed with various hardware options, if yes then scroll down to the last option -- Diagnostics --with the arrow key and then press Enter.