Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot click on some things

• Please log in to reply

wsmith84

wsmith84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been having a problem for a few weeks, will detail the issues and how I've tried to resolve it (so far, unsuccessfully):

My computer won't recognise, and therefore I cannot click on, some links. This occurs not only in Firefox and Chrome, but also in My Computer, the start menu, text files...it permeates throughout the whole laptop really (Acer Aspire 5920G, but don't think that matters).

Even just registering for this website, I had to prove I was human by dragging some fruit into a fridge, but couldn't select the fruit! I have found a workaround that sometimes works, which is to click and drag the window around the screen a bit, then try again. Maybe has a 20-50% success rate, although sometimes I can't even click the window to drag it :(

It's not a problem with the touchpad - I have plugged in a USB mouse and the same issues occured. I have also tried updating drivers, two different system restore points, and playing around a bit in control panel, but all to no avail.

If anyone can help shed some light on this, or if there's any more information I can offer, please do comment

Advertisements