Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODs at least 3-5 times a day

• Please log in to reply

Evanlet

Evanlet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Anyways, I've reformatted over 5 times and no matter what, I'm still getting BSODs for various different reasons.
I'll upload my DXDiag and minidump things... I only have one though. I don't know where all the others have disappeared to considering I just had 2 blue screens in a time span of 10 minutes.

Thanks. By the way, in event viewer it says
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Internal parity error
Processor ID: 4

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Quite a number of times. I currently have my 3770k overclocked to 4.4GHz @ 1.185v, ran prime95 for 12 hours and it hadn't crashed so what does this mean?
Cheers.

EDIT: Can't upload my files, "Error: You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".

Edited by Evanlet, 25 September 2013 - 10:41 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: Evanlet

Looks like you may have an unstable O/C.

The first thing that I suggest that you do is restore the MBs default factory settings in the BIOS and see if the issue is resolved, if not post back with your hardware details including the brand and model name or number for the following, the MB, Ram, GPU and PSU.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to the Geeks To Go forums! I hope you stick around beyond just this one issue and share your knowledge with us and learn from some of our amazing members as well. As for your issue, I've got a few ideas but before I like to really jump into things I like to gather some data. Mind running through these steps for me and posting the requested data? After that either myself or another (likely more savvy) person will be sure to help you resolve your issue.

STEP ONE: Gathering MiniToolBox Report
  • At this point and time I'd like you to get the utility MiniToolBox and run it with the following checked items.
    • List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices
    • Only-Problems (leave it checked)
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

After you've selected just the above items, please then hit GO. Once it's done running, which normally doesn't take too long, it will have a text or log file pop up. Please copy/paste that into a reply.
STEP TWO: Gathering Autoruns Report
  • Please download Autoruns by Sysinternals. Once that has downloaded, please extract the files to a location of your choosing. Once extracted, I'd like you to run 'autoruns.exe'. You should see the Autoruns window open up at this time, in which we will give it a minute to fully populate the lists. After the lists have been populate I'll need you to save it as a text file, you can do this by following these steps:
  • Go to 'File' and select 'Save'
  • When saving change the 'Save as type:' to a 'Text (*.txt)' file type (you do this by dropping the list down using the arrow and selecting the file type by clicking on it).
Now that the file is saved, please locate where you saved it and open it up. Once you have the text file opened up, copy and paste all the content into a reply on here.