how to bring my old homepage? [Closed]
Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 AM
Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:36 PM
My name is Nutloaf, and I will be helping you with Malware Removal.
I am currently in training and my posts will need to be reviewed by an expert, so expect a slight delay between posts.
Please read all instructions and fixes thoroughly.
- I would advise printing any instructions for easy reference as some of the fixes may require you to boot in Safe mode and access to the GeeksToGo website will be unavailable.
- Any fixes provided by myself are for this log file only and cannot be used on any other systems.
- Do not run any other removal software or perform updates other than the ones I provide, as it will complicate the cleaning process.
- You have 4 days to reply to each post or the topic will be closed. You will be able to request that the topic be re-opened if you still require assitance.
- Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you are having problems with my instructions.
Finally before we start:
Removing malware is a complicated multiple step process, Please stay with me until I have declared your system clean. I strongly recommend you backup your personal files and folders.
Let's get rid of V9 then
1. DOWNLOAD OTL
- Using this link Download OTL and save it to your Desktop
- If saved to another location, right click the OTL icon and Select Cut then right click on Desktop and select Paste
- Right click the OTL icon and select Run as Administrator. (XP USERS - Double-click the OTL icon)
- Make sure the following boxes are checked:
- Scan All Users
- Use Company-Name WhiteList
- Skip Microsoft Files
- Use No-Company-Name WhiteList
- LOP Check
- Purity Check
- In the Extra Registry box select Use Safe List
- Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans\Fixes box without the word Quote.
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
dir C:\ /S /A:L /C
- Now Click Run Scan
- OTL will now scan your computer and produce 2 log files. OTL.txt and Extras.txt.
- Post both in your next reply
- Using this link download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
- Right click aswMBR.exe and Run as Administrator (XP USERS - Double-click the aswMBR icon) select No for AVAST virus definitions.
- Click the Scan button to start.
- When the scan ends click Save Log and save it to your desktop
- Post this log in your next reply
3. Run ADWcleaner
- Using this link Download ADWcleaner and save to Desktop.
- Right click ADWcleaner and Run as Administrator (XP USERS - Double-click the ADWcleaner icon) then select Scan
- When the search is complete click Report. Please post this report in your next reply.
4. Shortcut Cleaner
- Using this link download and save to Desktop - Shortcut Cleaner
- Right-click Shortcut Cleaner and select Run as Administrator. (XP USERS - Double-click the icon)
- When the Shortcut Cleaner has finished scanning your hard drive it will create a log file on your desktop called sc-cleaner.txt and then display it.
- Please post in your next reply.
Things I want to see in your next post.
- ASWmbr log
- ADWcleaner report.
Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 AM
I should have mentioned that I am a little newbie with computers and frankly said I should confess I am a little scared to do all of this stuff. As this computer is not really mine, I'm afraid I'd mess up something.
I found in google those two pages http://www.bleepingc...uck-at-env9com/ http://www.xp-vista....t-virus-removal
In the first one some guy had the same problem and he said that he uninstalled then installed his browser again. According to him it worked. But the other page says that the only way to remove it is by downloading an "antimalware tool" So which one should I do. I think I can uninstall the browser, but can I keep the bookmarks, or will they be gone too? And if that is not the right choice, is Malwarebytes a good program, I read a lot of answers and most of them recommend it? Thank you.
Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:01 AM
V9 won't be the only infection present, I'd be very surprised if it was. I will clean this machine for you all you have to do is follow my instructions and ask me questions if you are having trouble with them. Does this sound O.K with you
Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:33 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users