Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Measuring Success of Malware Removal

• Please log in to reply

Sorrells

Sorrells

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings,

I have been searching for a logical methodology for measuring success in removing malware from client PCs. These are home users whose general complaint is "My PC runs too slow when I am on the internet". Generally these have the Windows XP O/S.

Let's assume a PC badly infected with a variety of malware problems. This should affect the response time in moving from one website to another. Available RAM may be significantly reduced. Unwanted site redirection may compound the problem.

Seems like some of the members here may have devised a method of testing certain internet browsing techniques and/or system metrics that could be measured before and after cleaning up for spy/ad/malware etc.

Any thoughts along this line would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, Sorrells

Advertisements