Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
I think we have made a good effort to fix your problems and I have now run out of ideas. Given your reply above and "since its not fixed really and doubt it will be (since this is the 2nd go at the same problem or compounding problem)" I doubt that I can be of further assistance and you should consider, if you think it worth the cost, to get it fixed at a computer repair shop.

All the best.

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Just to add... if my memory serves me correctly you carried out a format during the process so this won't be a malware related problem.

I believe the repair shop suggestion is a good one in the circumstances.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Yeah I've been looking on the side to replace my current computer and put nothing in the new one from old one except keyboard mouse and monitor. I will attempt to transfer stuff off my spare drive that didn't have OS on it to the new computer. I do thank all the techs for there time and help.