Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IT positions that dont require on call.

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Hi everyone, I graduated last December with an associates in Computer Networking. Since then I have moved from a help desk position to a systems analyst for a medium size distribution center. I really want to go back to school to get a bacholers degree in the IT field, but I don't know what I want to specialize in. My question is: is there a field in IT that doesn't require on call services? I enjoy my job for the most part, but I am big on family time and being on call just stresses me out. Can anyone speak from experience of fields or jobs that dont require it, or is it something I have to learn to live with? Thanks!

Advertisements