Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboards won't work

• Please log in to reply

FWFC

FWFC

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Two of my computers Keyboards will not work after -Geeks to Go did updates.
we have tried PS2, USB and wireless we have reinstalled drivers etc mouse works fine in usb
any ideas TY Dell Optiplex 360's this happened with my server after they installed a new harddrive but after several reboots it worked. have tried multiple reboots etc -- windows XP

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to Geeks To Go's forums! I hope you stick around after we've assisted you in resolving this issue, as there is a lot of great members and information available on Geeks To Go's site. Now that the pleasantries have been said, let's take a look at your issue and see what we can do to resolve it!  
STEP ONE: Few Questions
I've got a few questions regarding what you have posted, so what I will do is post a quote to your text and then my question below it.

Two of my computers Keyboards will not work after -Geeks to Go did updates.

You seem to have only just posted and joined up with our site, unless this is a new account. Can you show me where your post is or what you followed?

we have tried PS2, USB and wireless we have reinstalled drivers etc mouse works fine in usb

Now when you have them installed/plugged in and reboot, can you use the keyboard keys to get into BIOS or the Advanced Boot Menu/Safe Mode Menu?

any ideas TY Dell Optiplex 360's this happened with my server after they installed a new harddrive but after several reboots it worked. have tried multiple reboots etc -- windows XP

Is this a business machine or just a personal? STEP TWO: USB Drives / Jump Drives / Other USB Devices
Would it be possible for you to use a jump drive and see if you can access it via a USB slot? How about something else, like a printer via USB or such. This would help determine more about the USB items. STEP THREE: Windows Repair Attempts
Can you also please attempt to follow this little guide on troubleshooting your keyboard and post back with the results. The guide can be found HERE. Once we get some of this information from you, we'll further look into this and help you resolve it as best as possible.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
@ PhrantiQ

There are some computer repair facilities that are named "geeks to go". Some are Michigan, Georgia, and Florida.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

@ PhrantiQ

There are some computer repair facilities that are named "geeks to go". Some are Michigan, Georgia, and Florida.

Good to know, would like the user to verify that vs following instructions given to another user. But we'll see if the user decides to come back and we'll go from there. Thanks again though, good to know.

FWFC

FWFC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This is a new post. One of the computers started working and we found one keyboard that does not work on any of the computers.
The problem is still this-- I have an Dell Optiplex 360 that the keyboard will not work on. I have tried using a PS2 port and USB port and a wireless.-- It has 6 different USB ports I have tested all of them with the mouse and the mouse works fine.
I bought a brand new keyboard and I have uninstalled and replugged in the driver several times.
When I troubleshoot and try to do an update It says there is not any new drivers.
In Device Manager it says the keyboard is fine but it will not work at all.
I can not access boot menu with F11 or F12 on start up