Ok mate. You're talking about other machines within the house correct? If so. Would you like me to assist you with them once we are done with this one at the moment? We are almost done here. Just one more scan will need to be completed after these instructions.
Hi Teima my computer seams OK on my settings but yesterday I went on all the others just to see how things are,well they get all the popups all the fake alerts, since I have been corresponding with you the only person using this computer is me just letting you know
Spybot Search & Destroy TeaTimer
- Launch Spybot Search & Destroy
- In the Menu, Select Mode and choose Advanced Mode
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialogue box
- click on Tools to expand the menu. Make sure that Resident is checked and then click Resident in the left pane.
- In the right pane uncheck Resident "Tea timer" (Protection of over-all system settings) to disable it.
- Uncheck the TeaTimer box and OK any prompts.
- If Teatimer gives you a warning that changes were made, click the "Allow Change" box when prompted.
- Exit Spybot S&D when done.
- (Once step three has been followed, you can re-enable Teatimer using the same steps but this time place a check next to "Resident TeaTimer" and check the "TeaTimer" box in System Startup.]
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, copy and paste in the following.
:Files netsh advfirewall reset /c netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on /c :Commands [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
- Click run fix.
- OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please click the OK button if prompted.
- Once done a report will be displayed. Copy and paste the contents of that report within your next response.
Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Vista / Win7 users: Right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
Note: This scan works with Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
- Click the green ESET Online Scanner box
then click on: Start
- You may see a panel towards the top of the screen telling you the website wants to install an addon... click and allow it to install. If your firewall asks whether you want to allow installation, say yes.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is Not checked
- Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click on Start
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Then click on: Finish
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.