Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a gaming headset

• Please log in to reply

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic. If it is not, please let me know.

I am planning on doing YouTube gaming commentary, so I will need a gaming headset. My budget is $130. My main concern is the microphone quality. I want my voice to be as clear and smooth as possible with as little background noise as possible for my budget.

Comfortability is also a must as I may be using them for long amounts of time. I would prefer over the ear style earcups.

I also want the headset to have great audio quality as well as the ability to hear yourself in the earcups. I don't really care for surround sound.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Jake85r

Jake85r

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Maybe try the Logitech G35 headset? I don't own it, but this is the one I am getting unless something better comes my way.
: Here is a video of the mic quality!
I think you can turn on the thing to hear yourself talk through the windows settings if I'm not mistaken.

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I've actually already tried the Logitech G35. The problem with them was when playing Minecraft, whenever something made a noise, the noise was accompanied by an annoying background static sound. Another problem I had when playing Minecraft was the headset, when in stereo mode, would only play the sound of my footsteps in the right earcup. I was not impressed with the digital surround sound either. I tried messing around with the different settings in the downloadable software, and tried plugging it in to different usb ports to fix the problems, but none of this worked. I had to send them back.

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Any other suggestions?