Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All-in-one desktop pc, how good are they?

• Please log in to reply

pushkarbhaft

pushkarbhaft

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am planning to upgrade my computer. I came across all-in-one desktop pcs somerime back. How good are they?

I am going to use it mainly edit my photographs, using Adobe lightroom and photoshop and mostly watch HD movies. Will the lenovo c240 suffice? Can I get some suggestions?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: pushkarbhaft

AIO computers are fine for light usage such as office and school work but they fall down when it comes to anything that requires demanding graphics quality such as heavy gaming and editing/rendering video, this is because of the low powered output that their PSUs have and the limited space inside the chassis for add on video cards (which also require a more powerful PSU).

The Lenovo C240 has very basic specifications and so I would avoid it, consider a good quality notebook or mid range desktop as an alternative.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I sold one of these a little while back, I thought it was great:

http://www.asus.com/...PCs/ET2411INTI/

If you shop around you might be able to find something with a better graphics card. Even so, depending on how "serious" you want the PC to be about doing the editing work, it'll do it just fine.

A quick search on the Asus website for other models shows this:
http://www.asus.com/...PCs/ET2411INKI/

Looks very nice. Have it configured with the Core i7 and 8GB RAM and it'd be a sweet little machine.