Twinkle Twinkle Virus [Closed]
Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:39 AM
Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:36 PM
- Step 1
- Start your computer. Press and hold the F8 key immediately. You should do so before the Windows logo comes up.
- If successful, you will see the Advanced Boot Options screen like below. Use the arrow keys to choose Enable low-resolution video (640 x 480). Press Enter after.
- You will be allowed to log-in as usual. The screen's resolution will change, however. Please do not worry as this is intended.
- Step 2
- Type in compmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Select the Device Manager menu.
- Double-click on Display adapters.
- Locate ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v and right-click on it.
- Select Disable. Press Yes after.
- Your computer will momentarily turn black.
- The display can either return in the same resolution, your original resolution, or it will remain black.
- Take note of the status and reboot your computer. If it so happens that your are left with no display, you can do this by pressing the restart button for a desktop, or holding the power button until it turns off for a laptop.
Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:20 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users