Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer reverting to deleted OE account

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Greetings.

My father has an XP computer he got from his work last year when they switched to Win 7. The company IT man deleted everything work related from the computer before it was given to him, including the e-mail account of the office personnel that was using it. Here is the problem and it has happened twice...the computer is automatically reverting to the deleted e-mail account. The first time, it sent out over three months worth of e-mails one night, while it was not being used (dad does not turn his computer off). This time, it sent out a months worth of e-mails. In both instances, the e-mail showed to be from the employee whose account was deleted.

My first question is, any ideas about why it is doing this? My second is, what do I do about it?

Thanks.
Joe

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
So I am assuming you're using Outlook Express, now if you look over the guide found HERE are you able to see any traces of the old account?

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
The help is for Outlook 2007. Dad uses Outlook Express. No instructions in this version of help.

Joe